We are Accessible.In addition to connections to existing major thoroughfares, Converse is connected throughout the MSA through VIA Metropolitan Transit Authority. Approximately $100 Million in public improvements are improving accessibility to, from and within Converse.
- $23.5 m – Loop 1604 Expansion -- (complete) -- TXDOT/Bexar County
- $3 m – Expansion of FM 78 and Loop 1604 Interchange – (complete) -- TXDOT
- $19.6 m – 2015 Bond Projects (underway)
- $15 m – FM 1516 Expansion FM 78 to FM 1976 (underway) – MPO/TXDOT funding
- $23.5 m – FM 1516 Expansion FM 78 to Interstate 10 (underway) – MPO/TxDOT/Alamo RMA funding
- $5.4 m – MPO Rocket Lane expansion to four lanes w center turn lane (to begin 2018) – MPO funding
- $11 M – Rehab and Widen to Provide Shoulders - Gibbs Sprawl Road – FM 1976 – Woodlake Parkway to Loop 1604 (targeting Oct 2018) – TXDOT Project
- $9 M – Extension of Binz-Engleman from FM 1516 to Loop 1604 (TIRZ Funding – Ground break in November 2017)
To enhance our accessibility, Converse is undertaking the implementation of a Sidewalks Master Plan to make the community accessible to everyone. Additionally, our Comprehensive Master Plan (pending) currently envisions transforming our downtown area to attract visitors to Converse with an emphasis on pedestrian traffic.The Comprehensive Master Plan also contemplates the construction of a future light rail station on the active UP rail line that runs through Converse as an alternative method to move people and alleviate traffic congestion.